Consider making your dad (or your husband, who might be a dad) some manly products they might enjoy. Yeah, they'll say they don't like using bubble bath, but when they get into a lovely tub filled with soapy suds, they'll let down their manly resolve and splash around like a little kid!
Mix together your baking soda and citric acid. Then add the oil, a few drops of colour, and your fragrance oil. Mix together well. Press the mixture into small molds - ice cube sized at most - and let set for at least 1 hour (overnight is best). Package in cellophane bags. Use 1 cube per foot bath.
Consider making the dad in your life some of these items...
- Using shaving lotion means they don't have to use after shave to help with nicks and cuts!
- Toner is a great after shave for men who are trying to avoid the drying nature of alcohol.
- Bubble bath is great fun for anyone!
- Package your body wash with a scrubbie and make a lovely label. I like to call mine "Suds Away" and I change the name to something manly - instead of Jewelled Citrus, I use "Rise & Shine"!
- And men always like a foot massage - package up some minty foot salts, a scrub bar, and a foot lotion and give him a Father's Day (or any day) treat!
FIZZY MINTY FOOT SALTS (by volume)
1/4 cup Epsom salts
2 tbsp baking soda
1 tbsp citric acid
2 ml peppermint essential oil
Colour, if desired.
Put the Epsom salts into a container, then add the baking soda and citric acid. Add colour and essential oil and mix until well blended. Use 1 to 2 tbsp per foot bath. Do not use these in a body bath - the mint is tingly!
FIZZING FOOT BATH BOMBS
126 grams baking soda
61 grams citric acid
13 grams oil of your choice
2 to 3 grams peppermint essential oil
oil based colour, if desired
Join me tomorrow to learn about my favourite product for men - the shaving bar!